We list NZU contracts for delivery into users' EPA accounts for on the day (OTD) trading.
- low barriers to entry: open and transparent market access arrangements
- Central Counterparty Settlement: emsTradepoint is the central counterparty to all trades, providing full cycle anonymity, easier credit risk management and operational efficiencies
- open for trade 7 days a week
- no trading parcel size limit: allow trading all the way down to a single unit.
NZU units are:
- electronically traded on the web-based emsTradepoint exchange platform
- settled by emsTradepoint as the Central Counterparty, we are the only people you deal with.
The market for reactive trading.
Our spot market allows Participants to trade carbon for delivery on the same day as the Delivery Period
Our Off-Exchange service facilitates over-the-counter (OTC) deals between two Participants or brokers. This allows OTC deals to be settled using the emsTradepoint settlement mechanisms so traders and brokers can negotiate directly and benefit from the protection offered by standardised physical and financial settlement rules and central counterparty clearing.
Off-Exchange Trading will also enable participants to Trade Day Ahead by manually inputting a specific delivery date when entering the order. This Day Ahead functionality allows forward trades to be placed ahead of delivery date.
Partial Trade Fulfillment
One of the features we have designed for those with large NZU needs is automatic partial fulfillment. This makes buying or selling large parcels hands-free by matching a large order to multiple matching small orders. No need to list multiple parcel sizes and then end up settling with multiple parties; we look after that for you.